Waking up we had about a million errands to run! Emily, Katie, and I started off the day by visiting at least 4 different places for all sorts of various things. One thing we all wanted to get was an artsy journal to fill with all the information about our wines. Luckily they sell these all over the streets and a nice man named Joe sold us 3 beauties! All the walking around made us hungry, naturally. All around Florence are signs for student discounts at the local places. We decided to try one that had Panini's and Salads. It was awesome!! I got to put turkey, cheese, black olives, pesto, and red peppers on my sandwich all for only 4 Euro! Even Emily's salad she got looked appetizing, we are definitely going to become regulars. After we finished up eating it was time to go to school, a rigorous day filled with wine tasting and Italian food.
In school we learned about the wines of the Piemonte region. All very tasty. They even give us bread slices to cleanse our palates during class, not a bad deal right? In pairing foods and wines we started out the meal with Pasta Carbonara (which our groups was in charge of). It turned out delicious, it may even be my new favorite dish. Next we had these balls that were stuffed with chicken and potatoes. They were interesting, but still a dish I would eat again. Last we ended things off with a lemon almond cake. It was to die for! I even got to take a piece of it home, because of course when she asked if anyone wanted the left overs I was the first to snatch the last piece.
When we got home we all started to get ready for the evening. It was going to be a beautiful cool night so most of us wore some sort of pants. We decided to meet up with my friend Madison at her place. It is conveniently located right by all the nightlife. Before we headed out we invented a game called De' Nelli ( you must ask a member of our household to get instructions on the game). When we finally rallied and headed out we were all feeling pretty happy! Madison lives on the opposite side of the world form us. Or at least it feels that way when your directionally savvy person is a bit tipsy....
We finally found her house and I was extremely happy to be there! Camera's started flashing and I knew it was almost time for us to go out. Our location of the night was the Lion's fountain. It was a great place with specials and lots of fun locals. As we were all enjoying ourselves Madison and Emily see Jersey Shore and start running off after them. I immediately Corral the rest of the group and we start off after them! We end up at Twice, again. We did get really close to Ronnie though, I guess that was one major perks. When we get outside the club Emily, Ketchup (Kaite Heins), and I decide we are going to head back. I am fully alert with the pepper spray out and ready. There we are walking along when a rambunctious group of guys start to walk towards us. Emily is leading the way and one of the guys comes up to her. He starts to harass us and say things in Italian we can't understand...then all of the sudden he reaches up to touch Emily's face. Out of nowhere Emily slaps this guys in the face and shouts NEIN (apparently Emily is fluent in German?) He is flabbergasted and I would be dying of laughter if I wasn't so freaked out. After that we brisk walk (almost sprint) all the way home! Upon getting home Ketchup gave me 3 glasses water and then we all fell asleep.
Raise your hand if you are lost in Florence!
I just really love Florence Italy.
No comments:
Post a Comment