Monday, May 30, 2011

What, we have to go to school?

  On our last free day before school started we decided to go to Pisa!  It was only a hour away by train to the friendly little town.  As soon as we got there we headed straight to the leaning tower.  Of course the only reason we wanted to go to the tower was to get the cheesy pictures holding the tower up. It is not as easy as it looks.  I have a new appreciation for anyone who can successfully take the picture on the first try...We were lucky enough to be able to climb the tower to the top, yes you can climb a leaning tower.  It was awesome!  Granted going down was a little terrifying because the steps were really steep and narrow, I'm glad I wasn't first is all I'm saying.  After we got down and were taking pictures a group of Chinese woman wanted to take a picture with us?  So there we were smiling with a bunch of 50 year old Chinese woman throwing up the peace sign, totally normal right?  Once we got all of our pictures out of our system we headed back to Florence and ate at this fabulous restaurant,Pepo's.  It was a small restaurant that had 5 star quality, and excellent house wine.  When we finish dinner we roamed around town exploring the Gelato festival, so many great flavors!  We decided to call it an early night because we had school the next day. Womp Womp.
        Waking up in the morning was horrid.  I guess traveling around all over the place had finally caught up to me, I was exhausted.  However as soon as someone mentioned lunch I sprang right up and we headed to the market!  We went to run a few errands before we went to eat and realized we needed to go back to the apartment. When we got back I noticed someone had left the light on that leads to the roof top. Which is weird considering none of us have been up to the roof in awhile.  All of the sudden we here a noise like someone rummaging around upstairs, naturally I grab a weapon( Hair-dryer), Emily sprints to the door, and Katie runs to her room.  We all look at each other wondering what we should do.  Since I had the weapon I felt like it was my duty to go check out what the scary noise was, with Emily and Katie right on my heels thankfully.  I get to the top and see a strange man picking up trash on our rooftop.  Immediately we sneak back down stairs lock up all our valuable and go straight to the front desk (landlord).  He tells us that he hired the man to clean our roof and must have forgot to mention it.  Well that makes me feel nice and safe.  Who else has a key to our apartment?  After this whole fiasco all of us realized it was time for school.
       My first class was Wines of Italy.  I was expecting it to be just like a normal wine tasting with small portions and a boring teacher.  Lucky for us we had an extremely knowledable teacher who was very generous when pouring the wine.  We had 5 tasting with equaled about 2.5 glasses of wine, yeah we were all very happy.  After class ended we sprinted out of the doors because our other friends said there had been a Jersey Shore sighting!  We sprinting down the streets like idiots only to run right into them!  It was the luckiest thing ever.  We proceeded to stalk them for a little bit until our next class, Pairing food and Wine.  This class could possibly be my favorite class I have ever taken.  We have the coolest teacher that is going to teach us so much!  She even took us on a tour of town and all the places we must go to eat.  Once again we bump right into Jersey Shore and found out where they work!!  It was an overall great experience.
      Today after school got out we had our cooking class provided by API.  It was awesome and we had a personal chef who taught us how to make Gnocchi, little potato balls that taste like pasta.  Full and Happy we headed back to our side of town to see where the night might lead us!


Wine of the Day: Gavi- Sweet white wine, absolutely delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment