Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Ciao Bella Roma!

  On our last day in Rome we decided we had to get every last historical site in.  First of all our night out was not so kind to us.  We all felt like someone hit us in the face with a pile of bricks, I guess we had to go out, when in Rome right?  Anyway we started off the day at  St. Angel's Castle.  It was awesome!    We got so lost in the castle that we ended up losing Emily .  Our bad. As we were exiting the place we realized we were short a member!  Apparently she was so caught up in the beauty that she was taking pictures and lost the group! Luckily for us she is the one member who actually has a sense of directions.  While she was lost in this huge castle like building Katie, Megan, and I found a statue that looked just like Lord Voldermort.  Needless to say we had our fun with that one!  After we gathered everyone we headed to our next site, Vatican City.
The St. Peter's Church in  Vatican City required a certain dress code, all of our shoulders had to be covered along with outfits to our knees.  Naturally the only thing we had to wear were jeans. In 90 degree weather. Awesome.  Once I entered the Church I realized it was completely worth it.  It was the most majestic, ornate, and beautiful thing I have ever seen.  There were so many statues all with a religious purpose, I was in complete awe.  If there is one thing I could recommend for everyone to see in there lifetime it would be the St. Peter's Church.  Once we got through  we headed to the Sistine Chapel.  It is truly everything it is set out to be and more.  The only negative to getting to see the Chapel was being herded like cattle throughout the other part of the museum.  Let me just say Europeans wouldn't know personal space if it smacked them in the face...
After walking to all of theses various places we were absolutely exhausted the 6 of us decided to come back to the Hotel and rest.  Determined not to let our last night in Rome go to waste we mustered up the strength to go out and get some dinner.  Another little tid bit about Rome is everyone thinks they have the place to eat, and no one is afraid to get in your face and harass you until you agree with them.  Me being the person I am pick the restaurant where absolutely no one harass me.  In fact they offer us free champagne if we agree to come into their cozy little place. Ding Ding we have a winner!  Inside the restaurant we got great service, I'm pretty sure our waiter Arrmondo was infatuated by all of us Americans.  At the end of the dinner he came up to us and told us how beautiful we were and that even though we were beautiful, Ashley was his favorite.  Immediately we are in a frenzy making them pose for pictures and causing huge scenes!  He even got brave enough to ask for a kiss...Ashley reluctantly agreed.  This really set us off, We were laughing and screaming and photographed every moment of it. This would never be acceptable in America.  Finally getting Arrmondo away from Ashley, we set out for Gelato!  Delicious is all I have to say.
 On the way back to the hotel we are walking along and realize some strange older Italian men are watching us.  All of the sudden more of them come out of the alley and start walking our way  Instantly we are all aware of our surroundings and I whip out my pepper spray. ( Yes, I have pepper spray that looks like lip-stick.)  All of us start fast walking into a local souvenir shop.  It was seriously like the mob came out of nowhere.  I don't think I have ever been so terrified.  When we finally get the courage to walk back to our hotel it is almost a fast sprint.  Luckily we are adorable and the local police seem to be looking out for us.  Safely back at the  Hotel Tiziano we finally can take a breath and get some sleep.

                                         It was real Rome, Now on to Florence....

No comments:

Post a Comment