Thursday, May 19, 2011

Packing, stress in a suitcase.

It is less than 24 hours before my departure to Florence Italy!  I am in the midst of last minute shopping and the most dreaded part of the whole trip...packing.

 How can they expect me to pack my life in one 50 lb suitcase for a month? Absolute madness! Should I bring 19 outfits or 20?  Do I even bother bringing shoes?  What will everyone else bring?  Do they even wear tennis shoes in Italy? This are all very serious questions, that absolutely no one has the answer too.  Somehow I will find a way to make it through this dilemma and pack just the right amount of clothes.

I am traveling with a few of my best friends and we hope to experience things of a life time.  None of us have really been on our own, especially not in a foreign country.  Needless to say our mothers feel extremely confident in us (Slight sarcasm). Throughout my travels through Europe I will try to give insight on just how different our cultures are.  Me and my American self are on a one way road trip to culture shock, CAN'T WAIT!


Even though I will miss my family and friends I am ready to embark on a new adventure!  Italy prepare yourself for this Texas storm that is about to hit you.....


                                       "Courage is the power to let go of the familiar."
                                                    Raymond Lindquist

No comments:

Post a Comment