Saturday, May 28, 2011

Cinque Terre

Today we set out on one of our API excursions!  We were on our way to Cinque Terre.  It is an awesome set of villages right along the Mediterranean coast.  The layout of Cinque Terre reminded me of Greek villages, with houses right along the ocean front.  I have in my mind that this is going to be the best trip ever and I am going to get so tan from laying out on the beach all day! First of all it was freezing.  It was the only day thus far where I wasn't sweating my face off.  I'm trying to positive still because it really is just so beautiful, and then it starts to rain.  Here we are in probably the most picturesque place I have ever been and it is raining! What luck.  As we were going along the little town we stumbled upon the most delicious pesto shop.  My taste buds were going crazy in my mouth!  Then the guide explained the us that pesto actually originated in the village we were at.  And they know pesto.

After we visited the first village we were on our way to the others.  I assumed we would just be walking along the coast line from town to town.  Why must I always be wrong?  We took a boat.  Everyone was so excited about the boat and the great pictures of the coastline they got while on it.  I on the other hand was trying my best not to throw up on all the obnoxiously happy people's faces. ( Motion sickness had graced me with its presence.)  When we finally got off the death trap we got to take a tour around the towns.  They took us to this path called "lover's lane".  Thank you API for reminding me that I am alone in Italy, only the most beautiful place in the world.  Anyway It was awesome and all the  "lovers" buy locks and lock their loves to the pathway.  It was very cool.

 On the bus back to Florence we decided we were all going to go out tonight.  The six of us got some food from this oriental Italian place.  With $1.50 glasses of wine, what luck!  I think we actually stumbled across the "china town" of Florence but I'm not 100% sure.  After our meal we came back and started getting ready.  We decided we would go out and find the major club section of Florence.  Before I continue this story I would like to tell everyone I don't even like going to dance floors in America, I sure as hell am not going to like them in Italy.  "When in Florence" right?  The group heads out to find the clubs and Jersey Shore, of course we get lost.  We ran into some boys from Michigan who helped us find the clubs! When we get there we head into some bars to scope things out, all pretty normal until we got to the disco-tec.  Pardon my french, but that shit was weird.  There were so many people in there with flashing lights and unbathed Italians.  Their form of saying hello is a nice grope as they walk by.  I just loved it in there!  I wish we could have stayed there all night, but unfortunately we decided to go on.  A member of our group remembered the Fish Pub.  An American favorite.  The Fish pub definitely did not let us down!  5 Euro for 5 shots, a magical deal.  They even played some Spice Girls just for us!  I can safely say we will be visiting there again.


No comments:

Post a Comment